eupa! from the basque country

Iniciado por bob_summers, Marzo 01, 2009, 21:41:04 pm

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

bob_summers

just a quick note to say hello - i moved to the basque country from london last september.  i have a 1980 2.0 aircooled t3, which had a few engine problems on the journey here, but with new job, language, etc etc, i haven't had time to look at it.  so it hasn't moved since september  :(  hope to get her running and registered here before summer but that's another story....!

anyway, i'm glad to have found this message board, and look forward to browsing (and improving my spanish at the same time hehe!)

cheers

bob

ps here's a pic of the old girl, in happier times  ;)
*imagen borrada por el servidor remoto

AFRAGO

deltaflus

WOW what beautifull vanVW!! :o, Welcome to this Foro, here there are a lot good persons!
I,m from Bilbao , If you need something when you´ll stay here you can call me.
Nice to meet you  ;)

YOUTUBE DELTAFLUS CHANEL: VIDEOS KDDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/deltaflus?feature=results_main

bob_summers

thanks for the warm welcome guys  :)

and delta, thanks for the kind offer.  i will start working on the van soon, so i will need information on where to buy parts in euskadi! 

JGI

Hello

I live in Gipuzkoa 40 kms from Donosti.

We are organizing a meeting for next weekend. Find "txotx 2009" in the foro and you'll see everything. It would be a nice way to know people who have vans here.
   Don't hesitate to ask me if you don't understand something.

JGI

bob_summers

hey JGI,

it looks like a great meeting.  i know that area (near beasain?) a little because of mountain biking.
hopefully i can go there on sunday (i have to work saturdays). 

cheers
bob

bichista

Hi Bob and welcome!

Would you please show us more photos from your van roof? It seems great!

cheers mate

bob_summers

Marzo 02, 2009, 16:28:17 pm #7 Ultima modificación: Marzo 02, 2009, 16:48:15 pm por bob_summers
sure.  it's old, so it doesn't work perfectly.. but it's a nice design.  if it's raised, 4 people can sleep in the van.. but it's good to be able to stand up in there.

closed (this pic was taken last summer, and i still haven't painted the sliding door  :(

open

this is the van packed up in london, ready to move to donostia...!

somewhere in france.  we had to sleep in a tent, because it was too full of other stuff...!

cheers
bob

bob_summers

singlefin

Hi bob,

Welcome to SS !!! I saw your van last week in zurriola's beach the parking, it looks great  ;D

If you need anything I live near there, just contact me.

enjoy !!!

BluesVan

Marzo 09, 2009, 01:41:26 am #11 Ultima modificación: Marzo 09, 2009, 01:49:11 am por BluesVan
Only is bighorse I'm a Londoner...I love London Tooownnnn

It's good to have a right hand drive with us

cheers! and welcome

bob_summers

i think there is another red t3 with british plates in donostia - mine hasn't moved since christmas so i hope it wasn't mine  ;)