Who was Sven Hedin?

Iniciado por Charli_1, Abril 25, 2012, 15:19:53 pm

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

Charli_1

Abril 25, 2012, 15:19:53 pm Ultima modificación: Mayo 07, 2012, 11:24:52 am por Charli_1
Has anyone thought about where does the name of the vw Sven Hedin come from?  ???

Here you have some curious information: http://kirjasto.sci.fi/shedin.htm

It's in english.

carthagho

Thank you for share.
And yes , it is interesting.

furgoneto87

Hi ! How are you ?

I recommend you to change the title to one more descriptive. This post is interesting, but I think that many people won't read it with this title so general.

It's just a tip.

All the best.

Participa en el primer documental colaborativo sobre el mundo camper MÁS INFO AQUÍ

Charli_1

Cita de: furgoneto87 en Abril 27, 2012, 20:53:08 pm
Hi ! How are you ?

I recommend you to change the title to one more descriptive. This post is interesting, but I think that many people won't read it with this title so general.

It's just a tip.

All the best.

You're right. It is already changed!  .bien

Thanks

PaqueT4

Thanks a lot, Charli. Interesting topic, I had no idea about who was this guy. He had a really interesting life.

But his van kicks ass!!  .meparto

Nice info.
Prefiero cerrar la boca y parecer idiota que abrirla y demostrarlo, o no...

tnttgn

it's curious. I did not know. I suggest reading  the biography or watch the odissea of Sir Ernest Shackleton on endurance boat
http://main.wgbh.org/imax/shackleton/ . Very adequate for when we give up and surrender to challenges that seem impossible to get.

li will see ho was westfalia.  .meparto

Wim

Noviembre 20, 2013, 14:02:30 pm #6 Ultima modificación: Noviembre 21, 2013, 14:38:57 pm por Wim
Hello,

Sven Anders Hedin  (19 February 1865 - 26 November 1952) was a Swedish geographer, topographer, explorer,photographer, travel writer, and illustrator of his own works. During four expeditions to Central Asia, he discovered the Transhimalaya (once named the Hedin Range in his honor) and the sources of the Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej Rivers, Lake Lop Nur, and the remains of cities, grave sites and the Great Wall of China in the deserts of the Tarim Basin. In his book Från Pol till Pol, Hedin describes a journey through Asia and Europe between the late 1880s and early 1900s. While traveling, Hedin visited Constantinople (Istanbul), oil-rich Azerbaijan in times of the Nobel Brothers, Teheran, Mesopotamia (Iraq), lands of the Kyrgyz people, India, China, Asiatic Russia and Japan. The posthumous publication of his Central Asia Atlas marked the conclusion of his life's work.

Westfalia Vans often use names of explorers for their Campervans (James Cook, Amundsen, Marco Polo and Columbus)

Regards,

Wim

VW Camper Site

Charli_1

Cita de: tnttgn en Septiembre 22, 2013, 06:00:58 am
it's curious. I did not know. I suggest reading  the biography or watch the odissea of Sir Ernest Shackleton on endurance boat
http://main.wgbh.org/imax/shackleton/ . Very adequate for when we give up and surrender to challenges that seem impossible to get.

li will see ho was westfalia.  .meparto

There is a film based on The Endurance expedition, I don't think it is the same linked. I have it, but I haven't watched it yet.