and now what! learning english everybody?

Iniciado por tnttgn, Septiembre 01, 2013, 22:07:59 pm

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

tnttgn

THE MOST IMPORTANT IS LOOSE THE FEAR TO DO A RIDICLE. (advice to my first teacher)

Furgoberta

Mayo 29, 2016, 21:58:23 pm #121 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:48:57 am por Furgoberta
La Furgoberta  y  Las aventuras de furgoberta    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Furgoberta

Mayo 29, 2016, 22:00:34 pm #122 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:49:56 am por Furgoberta
La Furgoberta  y  Las aventuras de furgoberta    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Furgoberta

Mayo 29, 2016, 22:06:36 pm #123 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:50:12 am por Furgoberta

jackblues

Cita de: Furgoberta en Mayo 29, 2016, 22:06:36 pm
Your English is quite good though.  The thing is, there are a few tricks to understand the grammar. Once you learn them, you will become more fluent in English.
i know, i know .suda  I have that problem from ever. grammar and me....  .nono

tnttgn

Cita de: Furgoberta en Mayo 29, 2016, 21:58:23 pm
(...) It is a good trick to improve our English and to keep this post alive.

Note all sentences start with a subject. The subject is always present. Unless it is an imperative sentence, for example: sit down!!!

Obviously we can't correct everything but we can start helping each other out!!!

thanks for your advice. Please consider one think. My english is remembered when i i'm student of EGB. I don't have money to go to an academy and improve with the help of one teacher. i'm practice more less talking about something with other people and only try to improve my level with post like this or watching films or news in english, almost ever in standard american, more sweet to listen for me. Maybe is not the better way to improve but can be better to don't forget at all my very rust and basic level.

Let me suggest an other aplications to learn. One of my favourites is VOA learning English available in android, ignore if also is available for iphone. I like so too much the videos uploaded called english in a minute. In that videos explain particular phrases and examples to understand the significate. Also have articles of press readed witha native and even you can choose the speed of speech size of letter etc. Other famous website is OroroTV. here you can see an biggest catralog of series or movies in VO with or without subtitles. Very affordable to understand because listen and read all the conversation.

Use children's videos is good form to start but as soon as posible is better use ther type of videos because in my opinion results very low and boring system.

Regards

gu78

tnttgn, don't forget https://www.duolingo.com/ they've even an app for smart phones.

My case is similar, I've studied English until C.O.U. (1996) The thing is if you have a nice teacher, you learn, but if you have a potato-teacher... You would learn a shit. I was lucky and I had some good teachers on my way, but I had also some really bad ones.

Then I like movies and TV shows, so many years ago I started to watch them in English with Spanish subtitles. It's a very good training, once you start to find out that translations are a shit you realize that you understand a lot!!!

The jump were on 2007, I came to Stockholm to visit my cousin and I had to speak in English with his girlfriend and his house mate, I discovered then that I was almost fluent speaking :D Then living in Stockholm during 2011-12 was really nice to improve my English. Then back in Spain I had a job on a British company and now work on a Swiss one, so I speak in English almost every day.

I know that I'm making a lot of mistakes when I speak, but also native English speakers do that, so don't worry and continue. Nobody's perfect.

gu78

I forgot to say that due to my occupation (IT support, web developer) I have to read a lot of documentation on English as well, so that helped a lot.

Kiyo74

Mayo 30, 2016, 12:22:20 pm #128 Ultima modificación: Mayo 30, 2016, 12:31:59 pm por Kiyo_74
Cita de: jackblues en Mayo 29, 2016, 18:03:10 pm
kiyo, don't worry pisha  .meparto, here we are to learn a little bit or remind that we have forgotten. (it was ok? i said well?)

Ok my friend. I understand your explein.....(Traductor - tu explicancia)  ;D
Thaks for your help and for everyone!!

Furgoberta

Mayo 30, 2016, 14:45:13 pm #129 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:51:45 am por Furgoberta

Kiyo74

Cita de: Furgoberta en Mayo 30, 2016, 14:45:13 pm
I am delighted i found this thread guys because it is dificult to find people to talk English with...

I think......if we speak English at least a little, it is better to travel in Europe with our vans....
What do you think?

Furgoberta

Mayo 30, 2016, 17:14:20 pm #131 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:51:32 am por Furgoberta

gu78

You can go almost everywhere speaking English, but don't try to buy tobacco in a gas station in the middle of France, in a rest area.  .meparto I don't know if it's a taboo (because it's hidden in a drawer) or what!

Furgoberta

Mayo 30, 2016, 17:17:47 pm #133 Ultima modificación: Octubre 22, 2016, 10:51:18 am por Furgoberta

tnttgn

Cita de: gu78 en Mayo 30, 2016, 09:48:53 am
tnttgn, don't forget https://www.duolingo.com/ they've even an app for smart phones.

My case is similar, I've studied English until C.O.U. (1996) The thing is if you have a nice teacher, you learn, but if you have a potato-teacher... You would learn a shit. I was lucky and I had some good teachers on my way, but I had also some really bad ones.

Then I like movies and TV shows, so many years ago I started to watch them in English with Spanish subtitles. It's a very good training, once you start to find out that translations are a shit you realize that you understand a lot!!!

The jump were on 2007, I came to Stockholm to visit my cousin and I had to speak in English with his girlfriend and his house mate, I discovered then that I was almost fluent speaking :D Then living in Stockholm during 2011-12 was really nice to improve my English. Then back in Spain I had a job on a British company and now work on a Swiss one, so I speak in English almost every day.

I know that I'm making a lot of mistakes when I speak, but also native English speakers do that, so don't worry and continue. Nobody's perfect.

duolingo has unknown for me thank you for your advice.

Soon on the top of most hot posts  ;D