I,m thinking to move with my family to Ireland for year, at least.

Iniciado por Domin, Marzo 27, 2017, 10:20:18 am

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

Domin

Hi friends how are you

I,m Domingo , I would like to do some questions.  I,m thinking about to move with my family  to Ireland in September 2018, for a year. Only in order to improve our English and to have new experieces.

We are four, my wife (Beatriz),  two children (10, 8 years) and me.  I,ve have some question to do, which are a nice City to live?. We have no preference, we look for a nor very expensive city, because we needs to rent a house of course and the children needs to attend at the school. And If we can live close to a Irish people with Van it will be perfect.

I do not want to rush your with the first message, I hope news of your, because this is in progress.

NO ES NECESARIO SABERLO TODO, SI NO CONOCER A QUIEN  LO SABE

estresao

Hola Domingo,

Permíteme que conteste en eapañol.

En unas semana hará 5 años que vivo en Inglaterra y en breve me vuelvo a España, que ya me ha llegado la aventura jejejeje.

La decisión que has tomado es muy recomendable para todo el mundo ya que te enriquece de diferentes maneras. Con respecto a las expectativas del idioma aprederéis mucho pero simplemente comentarte que normalmente en un año no sales nativo (por decirlo de una manera suave) a no ser que seas una máquina para los idiomas (en cuyo caso no te estarías planteando la aventura con el principal propósito de mejorar tu inglés).

Hay que tener en cuenta que la  cultura anglosajona es muy diferente a la latina, y que si en España es muy fácil hacer vida social, te puedo decir que en mi caso desoués de 5 años solo conozco una persona inglesa que podría considerar amigo, siemlre manteniendo las distancias con el concepto que en España tenemos de amigos.

Dicho éstl, solo para ayudar a tener unas espectativas reales, te comento que por razones laborales voy de vez en cuando a Irlanda, a Dublîn y me parece una ciudad muy, chula para vivir una temporada. Yo buscaría casa al sur del rio, mas caro pero mas seguro. No he estado (bueno si, una noche de pintas) en Galway y Cork, pero hablan bien de esos sitios.

Te recomendaría que usases couchsurfing.com oara preguntar a gente que ya esté viviendo allí, y para conocer gente una vez allí. Yo lo hice y me fué de gran ayuda.

Suerte en la aventura... y disfruta de Irlanda, es un sitio precioso (a pesar del clima jejejejeje)
[VW CALIFORNIA T5 BEACH EDITION 2.0 140CV BM 4Motion 2015] La Blasa http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=300630.msg3672342#msg3672342

[Adria Matrix Supreme 650SC] https://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=355922.0

Domin

Hola Estresao
Thank you very much for your answer, and for your clarifications. The main idea of the trip is to learn and refresh, after a lot of years in the same company I feel like a year off, and also for the children, although I know that at first they are going to go wrong, the experience is going to contribute more than subtract. And in relations whit the parents will learn or improve the language will be welcome.
NO ES NECESARIO SABERLO TODO, SI NO CONOCER A QUIEN  LO SABE

Aidanm

Hi Domin,

I'm Irish and living in Barcelona. This week finally got me a campervan amd s joined up here and spotted your post.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I'm from cork, the second biggest city after Dublin, not really a city though, around 400,000 people there. I know a lot of Spanish people that came there for  year and are still there 5 or 10 years later. You need to prepare for some wet weather but other than that you'll have a fantastic experience.. just let me know if I can help answer any of your questions.

Cheers,
Aidan.

Jackfrost

Hi guys! Glad to know also other english speskers around here .loco1, looking forward to prepare also a road trip through ireland/north ireland, once i've looked for some info for myself i'll ask to ye. .palmas

Un saludo